Keeping your ceiling fans clean and dust free is important. Not only does this ensure a long life for your fan, but it also makes the air cleaner and safer for your guests. This is why there are many companies that provide airbnb cleaning in Chicago.
First, always be safe, whenever you work on your fan make sure the breaker is turned off.
HOW TO DUST A FAN ON A STANDARD CEILING
- Use a pillowcase to wipe down the canopy and motor housing. The pillowcase will capture any excess dust.
- Slide the pillowcase over a fan blade. Then press gently against the blade, and pull the pillowcase back.
- Repeat until all blades are clean
HOW TO DUST CEILING FANS THAT ARE ON A HIGH LEVEL
- Use a step ladder to reach the ceiling fan.
- Lay the sheet out below the area of your ceiling fan to catch the dust.
- Using the duster with a DRY dusting head, carefully start at the canopy, dusting down through the motor housing.
- Dust the top of the fan blades carefully. Then dust the bottom of the fan blades.
- Finally, gently dust the glass shade.
HOW TO CLEAN DIRTY OR GREASY CEILING FANS
- Use the baby wipes to clean the ceiling fan and remove any stuck on dirt or debris. Start at the canopy and work your way down to the motor housing.
- If the fan is greasy, pour a small amount of degreaser or mineral spirit onto a baby wipe.
- Clean the fan blades from top to bottom.
- If you are using mineral spirit, be careful as this could affect any design on the blades.
HIRE A PROFESSIONAL SERVICE
It is important that you trust the right company to do the work for you. There are many home and apartment cleaning services in Chicago that will leave your place host ready.