The kitchen is the place to which we must pay the greatest attention and maintain impeccably. To do a deep clean of the kitchen every 30-45 days. This includes cleaning, scrubbing or sanitizing walls, floors, and cabinets to prevent grease from adhering to them.
Here you will find 10 tips that will help you have a clean kitchen every day.
Empty the dishwasher and sink
It is recommended that your dishwasher and sink be scrubbed of scum build up. Empty your dishwasher and clean the drain area of any debris. Then inspect the water blade arm spray holes to unclog. You also want to clean the filter and any other area you may see build up. Lastly, you want to run the empty dishwasher with either a sanitizing agent or a cup of vinegar.
Clean Around Appliances
The ideal thing is to clean as you go but some areas don’t get attention. For example the stovetop walls, the floor under the stove or under and around the fridge. Use a degreaser and wipe any build up dirt and grease around these areas.
Protect and Clean Kitchen Cabinets
Ideally you want to use a safe wood cleaner for your cabinets. After you have cleaned the outer surface make sure to apply a protective coating or shine. This will extend the life of your cabinets as well as its clean appearance.
Rinse and Disinfect Trash Cans
Trash cans can have residue from everyday use. Make sure to wash and disinfect exterior and interior of each can.
Have quality cleaning products on hand
To keep your kitchen in the best condition, it is ideal to use quality products, which do not affect the state of cooking. Use environmentally friendly products and tools that do not damage the appearance of your kitchen.
Keep your counters clean
If you have many things on the counters, get rid of them. While you have objects that take up little space, dust and grease will have no place to accumulate. Besides, I will not have to spend a lot of time cleaning this.
Deep clean kitchen.
A natural and effective way to clean the work surfaces of your kitchen is:
- Use a damp sponge with water and a little vinegar or baking soda.
- To clean the stove and the oven, you can also use a sponge moistened with water and baking soda, add only a few drops of lemon. Remove excess with a damp cloth or towel and proceed to dry with a clean cloth.
- Empty the refrigerator and freezer completely, preferably once a month.
- Check that the expiration dates of the products have not expired.
- To clean, start from top to bottom cutting and removing stains with soapy water.
- Dry well with a cloth.
- Do not forget to also clean the compartments of the drawers and the outside of the refrigerator.
- One tip to eliminate odors is to always have a small box of baking soda open in an empty space in the refrigerator. Another option is to place an open jar with freshly ground coffee beans or a vanilla branch in one of the top corners.
- To wash your dishwasher, remove the filter and clean it with a damp cloth.
- Remove any remaining soap or food.
- Then place a splash of vinegar water in the soap container and run your dishwasher without the crockery. Remember to change the filter periodically.
- One tip to clean the microwave is to place it in a container full of water and lemon juice; Put this mixture to heat in the microwave for 3 minutes. This is a way to eliminate odors and remove dirt easily with a clean cloth.
If you feel that you don’t have the time necessary to carry out these tasks, it may be a good idea to get help. We recommend you look for a cleaning company that offers top rated deep cleaning service in Chicago. Furthermore, make sure to state your priorities about deep cleaning your kitchen at the first call. This is because some companies have different approaches to cleaning. Find more cleaning tips presented by our cleaning professionals in Chicago.