Why are green cleaning products a trend?
Nowadays, more and more people are concerned about the environment and sustainability, and this is reflected in a growing demand for green cleaning products. In this article, we will explore the reasons behind this trend and see why are green cleaning products a trend, as well as the benefits of using green cleaning products instead of conventional ones.
The environmental impact of conventional cleaning products
Conventional cleaning products contain chemicals that can have a negative impact on the environment. For example, many products contain phosphates, which can pollute water and cause problems in aquatic ecosystems. In addition, some products contain volatile organic compounds (VOCs), which can contribute to indoor and outdoor air pollution.
Benefits of green cleaning products
They are more economical in the long run
Although green cleaning products can be more expensive than conventional ones, they can be more economical in the long run because they are more concentrated and last longer. In addition, using green cleaning products we can reduce water and energy consumption, which translates into savings on our utility bills.
Green cleaning products do not contain harsh chemicals, this does not mean that they are less effective at cleaning. In fact, many green cleaning products contain natural ingredients that can be more effective than conventional products.
Certifications and seals
It is advisable to look for cleaning products that are certified by reputable organizations, such as Ecocert, USDA Organic or the European Ecolabel. These seals guarantee that the product meets certain environmental and quality standards.
In addition, it is important to check the list of ingredients of the product and make sure that it contains natural ingredients, such as essential oils, vinegar, baking soda, among others. Avoiding products that contain chemicals that are harmful to health and the environment, such as chlorine, phosphates and ammonia. Is essential to take care of our planet and our health.
Examples of green cleaning products
- Concentrated plant-based all-purpose cleaner: this type of product is effective for cleaning different surfaces and comes in concentrates. Which means that it can be diluted in water to obtain more quantity and reduce the amount of packaging.
- Organic laundry detergent: this type of detergent is made with natural ingredients and does not contain toxic chemicals or synthetic fragrances. It is also biodegradable and environmentally friendly.
- Green glass cleaner: this type of glass cleaner is made with natural ingredients such as vinegar and alcohol, and contains no toxic chemicals or synthetic fragrances. It is effective for cleaning windows, mirrors and other glass surfaces.
- Eco-friendly disinfectant: this type of disinfectant is made with natural ingredients such as tea tree oil and eucalyptus oil, and is effective in killing germs and bacteria without harming the environment.
- Environmentally friendly carpet cleaner: this type of cleaner is made with natural ingredients and is effective in cleaning carpets and upholstery without harming the environment.
Using environmentally friendly cleaning products is a responsible decision and beneficial for both the environment and human health. In addition to reducing our ecological footprint and contributing to sustainability, we also promote a circular economy by choosing reusable and recyclable products.
Quick Cleaning is committed to offering eco-friendly and sustainable cleaning options for our customers who want to contribute to the care of the planet.
You can contact us at 1-773-800-2524 for more information.
Frequently asked questions
- Are green cleaning products more expensive than conventional ones?
In general, green cleaning products can are more expensive than conventional ones. However, in the long run, they can more economical because they are more concentrated and last longer.
- Are green cleaning products less effective than conventional ones?
Not necessarily. Although green cleaning products do not contain harsh chemicals, many contain natural ingredients that can be just as effective in cleaning.
- Where can I buy green cleaning products?
There are many stores and online sites that sell green cleaning products. In addition, some conventional brands also offer green cleaning products in their product line.
- Do green cleaning products have less impact on the environment?
Yes. Green cleaning products are formulated with natural ingredients and do not contain harmful chemicals. Making them a more sustainable and environmentally friendly option.
- February 02, (2021) « Sustainable cleaning products market to surge to $110 billion in 2025 ». Smithers.
- (2018) « EMERGING SUSTAINABLE/GREEN CLEANING PRODUCTS: HEALTH AND ENVIRONMENTAL RISKS ». Bitlis Eren University Faculty of Engineering and Architecture.
- Mezil, Ahmed (2023) « Top 10 Trends in Green Cleaning for 2023 ». Hellamaid.
- June 23, (2020) « Global Green Cleaning Products Market Thriving Worldwide- Trends, Analysis and Forecast 2019-2029 – PMI ». Globenewswire.